University of West Bohemia in Pilsen announces selection procure to fill the vacancies of academicians for the work position:
Academician – research assistant (postdoc)
Research activities are targeted to development of new algorithms for computer graphics, data and information visualization, methods for 3D TV and 3D Cinema technologies, virtual reality and haptic systems with application of geometrical algebra and conformal geometry (http://GeometryAlgebra.zcu.cz) in the context of large data processing with GPU/Intel MIP technologies application. Close collaboration on international and national research and application projects with the mentor is expected.
Importance is given to the above mentioned research fields with a strong priority for research publications in international research journals with an impact factor and at leading international research conferences (ACM SIGGRAPH, Eurographics, Computer Graphics International, Pacific Graphics etc.) and participation of the prototype (software) production.
Description of work position:
Selected candidates will reinforce the existing top quality research team of the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen. His/her main task will be to get involved in the activities of the specialist team under the leadership of the mentor, to follow the determined schedule of research and scientific activities and to get involved into educational activities (3-5 hours per calendar week in average for postdoc full-time position). Performance of the candidate’s own scientific and research work includes publication of scientific and research results in prestigious foreign impacted magazines and in significant conferences, applied results, involvement in national and international research projects and organization of specialist/scientific events at the workplace (seminars, conferences). The postdoc job description includes participation in research fellowship programme for 3-5 months, participation in foreign and domestic conferences and transfer of acquired knowledge through workshops to other academicians and students (especially in master and doctoral study programmes).
Mentor of this position is Prof. Ing. Vaclav Skala, CSc., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Properly completed doctoral study programme at the Czech university or college excluding UWB or properly completed similar study programme in abroad, recognized pursuant to Act No. 111/1998 Coll. on universities and on amendment of some other statues (the «Education Act»), as amended, with the date of graduation after 28 March 2008, – Good knowledge of the Czech or English language (min. CAE or equivalent),
– Experience in research in the field of the specialist team’s research topic.
The vacancy can be filled only with a full-time candidate for the period of up to 25 months (by 31.05.2015 at the latest). Offered salary: min. CZK 40,000 (gross monthly salary/wage – full-time employment – 40 hours/week) and a possibility to gain further support within the motivation system of the University of West Bohemia depending on the results of work, up to CZK 57,000 monthly (gross).
Expected commencement of employment contract: 2 May 2013.
Required form of candidate’s job application:
– Structured C.V.,
– Copies of documents proving obtained education (PhD diploma or equivalent thereof),
– Copies of documents proving achieved level in English (CAE or equivalent),
– Full bibliographic data of published articles in impacted magazines (state namely articles relating to specialization of the position, incl. the impact factor of the magazine at the time of publishing of the article concerned),
– Full bibliographic data of papers published in collections/almanacs of significant (listed in WoS or SCOPUS) international conferences relating to specialization of activity in the offered vacancy,
– Summary of significant teams (especially international ones) with whom the candidate cooperated, incl. the projects in which he/she was engaged,
– Summary of cooperation with sphere of application and achieved application outputs,
– Enclose at least two letters of recommendation from important personalities (e.g. dissertation supervisor or examiner).
For detailed information visit https://nexliz.zcu.cz/en/node/24
Term for publishing: 28. 2. 2013.
Term for submitting applications: from 1. 3. 2013 till 31. 3. 2013.
Candidates shall submit their applications to:
Zapadoceska univerzita v Plzni (University of West Bohemia in Pilsen), FAV – KMA, Univerzitni 8, 306 14 Plzen, Ceska republika (Czech Republic). Responsible person: Ing. Michal Kepka,
e-mail: email@example.com, Tel: +420 37763 2606.
Deliver your application together with all documents via registered mail or submit them personally. Please send all materials electronically to the above mentioned e-mail address simultaneously.